I am a Virtualization / Infrastructure Consultant with over 8 years’ IT experience in both the public and private sectors. I have gained my experience working with MSPs in the UK, enabling them to provide thoughtful, strategic solutions. I have since started working with Robotic Process Automation (RPA), So I would like to find another role within this space, as I believe this will be one of the ways IT moves forward in the future.
I’m passionate about meeting business goals with technology solutions and providing true value to my customers, so this fits in perfectly with the goals of RPA.
Available on LinkedIn.
KEY KNOWEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- Infrastructure Consultant with experience in Design, Implementation and Support of projects for major clients such as APS (Advanced Payment Solutions), 02 Telefonica, Wren Kitchens, Achilles, BCMS, BBR (Berry Bro’s and Rudd), The London Taxi Company & Capita.
- Technical Expertise Encompassing: Virtualization, VMware vSphere, vCloud Director, Horizon View, VMware Site Recovery Manager, Veeam Enterprise Manager & Backup and Replication, Upgrading vSphere Environments to vSphere 6 & 6.5, Troubleshooting vSphere Deployments, Designing Environments and Implementation. Storage experience with HP 3PAR, HP P2000/4000 and NetApp, Windows 2012 R2, Microsoft SQL 2012/2014 Including Availability Groups, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 and Office 365, Windows Hyper-V and SCVMM and Microsoft Azure. Also working with Hyperconverged technologies such as Cisco FlexPod.
- Further Technical Experience: Involving Acquiring VMware VCP5 & VCP6, Citrix XenDesktop 7 & 7.5, Cisco UCS Implementation, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, Designed and Configured a VMware Horizon View Deployment including Windows Server 2012 R2, Including Performance and OS Optimization, Security, Profile Management and GPO Management.
- Exemplary organisational skills: able to prioritise, independently take responsibility for complex tasks and work precisely with a sharp eye for detail.
- Flexible with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, bespoke applications, processes and complex environments.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and supporting a wide range of projects for a multitude of clients. (£5k – £15m+).
- Substantial interpersonal skills: comfortable liaising at all levels, as well as external organisations and customers, with considerable experience of providing fanatical customer service.
- Confident with the ability to provide expert consultation on Infrastructure Designs and Projects.
- VMware vSphere 5.1, 5.5, 6.0
- vCloud Director 5.5, 5.6, 6, 8.10 for Service Providers
- VMware Horizon View
- Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016
- Active Directory
- SQL 2012, 2014, 2016
- Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
- Hyper-V / SCVMM
- Office 365
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10
- Servers and Blades
- Robotic Process Automation
- XenDesktop 7.5
- ACTC 10.8, 10.9
- ACSP 10.8, 10.9
- Backup and Replication
- Cloud Connect
- v3 Foundation
Opus Energy – Northampton
June 2018 – Present
Contract 3 Months (Extended) Infrastructure Engineer
- Worked as a Sole Infrastructure Engineer for a BluePrism RPA (Robotic Process Automation) Project.
- Designed, Configured and Implemented the BluePrism Infrastructure Services, Including Transport Encryption.
- Provided comprehensive configuration instructions to ensure the service will be supported sufficiently once the project has been completed.
- Collaborated closely with a team of BluePrism consultants to ensure the requirements for the project were met. This included supporting day to day operations across the environment whist also improving and introducing new services when required as per the project timelines.
- Successfully optimized machines to ensure resources could be utilised efficiently, Increasing the ROI for the project.
- Acted as an Interface to Internal IT Teams for the Robotics Team, this included planning meetings with Developers, SQL DBA’s, Security Analysts and business stakeholders to ensure the infrastructure would be fit for purpose and align to the group IT strategy.
SSP Worldwide – solihull
October 2017 – June 2018
Contract 3 Months (Extended) Infrastructure Engineer
- Designed upgrade documents for vSphere products such as vSphere 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 with a final goal to be able to manage all estates via a single management pane.
- Performed environment discovery and created HLD/LLD documentation to allow for ease of handover to Infrastructure employees upon completion of the project.
- Worked with vROPS to provide insights on future planning of the environment. This provided information to management to enable infrastructure decisions to be made while in the design process.
- Streamlined multiple VMware BAU processes by using VMware PowerCLI to create ease of use scripts for the business.
- Lead VMware engineer responsible for deployment and configuration of vSphere 6/6.5 to enable SSP to migrate services to a standardised, best practice environment.
Savills PLC – London
Contract (3 Months) Infrastructure Engineer
June 2017 – October 2017
- Deployed Domain Controllers on multiple sites and decommissioned previous DC’s including services such as File Services, Print Services, DHCP, AD & DNS.
- Reconfigured Savills Mimecast instance from scratch to enable a more efficient service moving forward.
- Provided Technical support for European Infrastructure, which included upgrading software, hardware and firmware versions to bring them above and beyond the required standards.
- Key contributor to low-level infrastructure designs, meeting high-level business challenges.
- Helped expedite CAB changes by justifying them to the business and ultimately solving pain points.
- Implemented SCCM Distribution Point’s as required by the business to streamline software deployment, saving time and money on operating systems and application management. This freed up the IT team’s time to focus on more important tasks
- Created SOPs in-line with best practices framework to help create a consistent IT service that runs in parallel with the business.
- Plugged gaps in the technical teams and helped bring stability to a somewhat reactive / chaotic IT services model, enabling the team to focus on filling the gaps long term by replacing me with two permanent employees.
Greenlight digital – London
Contract (2 Months) Infrastructure Engineer
April 2017 – June 2017
- Designed, configured and implemented solutions required by the business such as WSUS, WDS, ESET & Dell Servers and Storage.
- Provided Expert consultation on Backup, DR, RPO & RTO, and Configured Veeam Backup and Replication to achieve these requirements.
- Secured Infrastructure to prevent potential vulnerabilities such as the SMBv1 Zero-Day Exploits highlighted by the WannaCry Ransomware Outbreak.
- Administered VMware vSphere 5.5-6.5, Dell Servers and Storage, Microsoft Exchange 2016 Hybrid Deployment, Windows Server 2008 R2-2016 including roles such as AD, ADFS, DNS, WDS, WSUS, Group Policy, Clustering and Hyper-V.
- Produced documentation and provided training to members of the IT Team, with great results in boosting productivity and teamwork.
- Successfully migrated VMware vSphere 5.5 to vSphere 6.5, of which included upgrading and configuring Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5.
- Deployed Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V Cluster consisting of Dell PowerEdge R430 Rack Servers and Dell PowerVault MD3420 Storage, consolidating infrastructure and reducing costs on licensing.
Capita – bedford
Contract (3 Months) Hosted Services Technician
January 2017 – April 2017
- Provided expert consultation and support for Hosted Platform issues, projects and P1 incidents.
- Involved in troubleshooting using Microsoft Powershell Scripts and SQL Querys.
- Configured Reverse Proxy Security Appliances and Load Balancing Policies.
- Presented technical data on SQL AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Databases
- Investigated complex platform Issues with AD, SQL, Microsoft Azure, SIMS ID (3rd Party Developed RDS Front-end) and SIMS (3rd Party Application).
- Administered VMware vSphere 6.0 and NetApp Storage to ensure Infrastructure availability for customers, this also included providing recommendations for improvement and automation.
- Configured VPN Certificates and routing to enable customers to use 3rd Party Applications with SIMS.
- Successfully performed a migration of SQL Database Rules on a Reverse Proxy Security Appliance (Hexatier) to a very tight deadline to ensure availability of 3rd party applications to clients as per SLA agreements.
- Quickly learnt SIMS (3rd Party Application) to provide support for clients on the Hosted Platform.
The London taxi company – london
Contract (8 Months) Infrastructure Consultant
May 2016 – December 2016
- Designed Infrastructure Solutions for 3rd party’s projects with a combined value of £15M+ that were successfully implemented in LTC’s £300M Ansty Facility, this included AGV’s (Automated Guided Vehicles) and VCATS (Vehicle Configuration and Test Systems).
- Provided Expert Troubleshooting on Environments using VMware PowerCLI and Microsoft Powershell, This included VMware Horizon View 7.0, VMware vSphere 6, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Active Directory.
- Liaised with suppliers to ensure requirements were met before the expected project delivery dates.
- Produced technical documentation and Implemented Office 365 SharePoint pages to cover all aspects of the ongoing projects.
- Created a Project Design to completely overhaul the Dealer Management System (Kerridge) to prepare for rapid expansion due to a new vehicle being released.
- Gained understanding of manufacturing processes to ensure designs and projects met the strict requirements of the £300M Ansty facility.
- Liaised with stakeholders weekly to provide progress reports on ongoing projects in the London office.
- Designed and implemented a Windows Server 2012 R2 VDI Deployment using VMware Horizon View 7 and VMware vSphere 6.0.
- Successfully populated AD Extended properties using Windows Powershell, this was required to improve communication throughout the organisation by improving the quality of the Global Address List (GAL).
- Created technical documentation and provided training to the IT Department and End-users.
- Implemented a Wireless system to Improve Wireless coverage for the London Taxi Showroom.
- Configured a Cloud Phone System (Magnetic North) for the London Office Users, this included configuring Call Routing, DDI’s, Call Groups & Extensions for end-users.